2.15.2008

making memories


A few weeks ago I was looking through one of my favorite Etsy shop Lulu Sparkles. There was a necklace that caught my eyes as always. It was beautiful. I love how Carole always put her personal touch with her creations. It doesn't make you feel like a stranger at all. It's like visiting your grandma's home. Always welcome feeling but this time was little different. Her picture made me stop for a while and think about my father. It was a picture of her mom playing an accordion.
I guess I never mentioned that I played accordion when I was a little girl. When I was around 8. My father bought me and my twin sister a accordion. I don't know why but he gave us one of each this Giant instrument. I got the red one and my sister got green one.


You see my father was an awesome guy. He was great at everything. I mean everthing. He taught us how to play the accordion. We played it all the time as long as I can remember. But soon we stop playing after he suddenly passed away when I was 11, on Christmas Eve. He was only 50. My accordion doesn't work anymore. I guess it died with him.
I miss him a lot like everyone misses their loved ones. But I think today is the perfect day to show your love to everyone you know. We are so blessed to have all our family and friend with us to share all the joy and happiness everyday. Even a little bit of sadness. You can always count on them to be there for you. Don't wait til tomorrow. Let's make a beautiful memory even it's a small one. I'm sure we'll cherish it forever.
Miss you dad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...