6.19.2008

milk tea + cake

A few weeks ago I read milk tea and Ako posted a yummy chiffon cake made with Earl Grey tea. and she was kind enough to add the recipe for me :-)

It took me awhile to measure and convert the whole recipe but it was the yummiest cake ever.
I didn't had a cake like that for years. It was wonderful.
Have you ever had an experience that the taste can bring out your old memory that you have forgotten about? That's what exactly happen to me.

When I was a little girl my mom had a friend who loves to bake. Every time we visit she would bake the chiffon cake for us. She didn't have a big oven but I l still remember the yummy taste.
This cake was her cake. I remember she was a widow with a son and lived in a small house but she was the most happy person ever known. I guess her son is in his 40s by now.
Wow where all the time go. It makes me pretty darn OLD today :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...