4.04.2013

carry on


Well, I woke up to the sound of silenceThe scars were cutting like knives in a fist fightAnd I found you with the bottle of wineYour head in the curtainsAnd heart like the fourth of julyYou swore and said,"We are not.. we are not shining stars"This I knowI never said we areThough I've never been through hell like thatI've closed enough windows to know you can never look back
If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone,Carry onMay your past be the sound of your feet upon the groundCarry onCarry on, carry on

So I met up with some friends at the edge of the nightAt a bar off 75And we talked and talked about how our parents will dieAll our neighbors and wivesBut I'd like to think I can cheat it allTo make up for the times I've been cheated onAnd it's nice to know,when i was left for dead,I was found and now I don't roam the streetsI am not the ghost you want of me

If you're lost and aloneOr you're sinking like a stone,Carry onMay your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground andCarry on

WoahMy head is on fireBut my legs are fineAfter all, they are mineLay your clothes down on the floor,Close the door,Hold the phone,Show me how no one is ever going to stop us now

Because we areWe are shining starsWe are invincibleWe are who we areOn our darkest day,When we're miles away,So we will comeWe will find our way home

If you're lost and aloneOr you're sinking like a stone,Carry onMay your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground andCarry on oh on on on oh ohh oh oh oh oh ohoh ohh oh oh oh oh oh

No one is ever going to stop us nowNo one is ever going to stop us nowNo one is ever going to stop us now

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...