7.16.2007

Summer Time

I've been sewing last few days but it didn't go as fast as I wanted. I think it has something to do with being summer with kids at home. We have been going out almost everyday. It's nothing fancy or special. It's just around the neighborhood. Farmers Market to get some fresh veggies and berries; thrift stores to look for vintage treasures; the lake to fish (even though we don't catch much). Even when we decide to stay home, we all get in the kitchen start baking summer treats. My son is 12. But don't be fool by his age. He is the best baker ever in my opinion.:-)
This summer we decided that my son should be in charge of baking all the desserts for the family. It's been great so far. Just that all he wants to bake is CHOCOLATE. Chocolate chip cookies, muffins, brownies, Oreo chocolate cake, Chocolate chip bunt cake ...etc. I guess I can't complain because they are SO GOOD.
I still found time to make some vintage cup pin cushions. I found these pink melamine cups at the shop. It was a great find. Unfortunately they only had 4 cups. I thought these special cups needed special treats so I decided to use pretty fabrics to quilt with. It brings out all the colors of summer. I will be posting these at my shop tomorrow afternoon.
Come back and check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...